A smart home is a common name for systems that automatically perform household tasks and increase the comfort of residents in every possible way. Human participation, as you might guess, is absolutely not required. Such systems control ventilation, heating and perform many other functions
The smart house technology is rapidly gaining a foothold in the Philippines. The country wants to embrace technology as soon as possible and we will be talking about the advantages of the following system.
Why Smart Home Technology is a Good Idea?
Because comfort consists of little things that the Smart Home perfectly and easily copes with. Here are a couple of examples where this system makes life easier for owners:
Does it happen when, waking up in the middle of the night, you want to drink a glass of water? But it’s too lazy to walk through dark rooms, turn on the lights everywhere (and don’t forget to turn them off in the end), and most importantly, don’t trip over something heavy.
A smart home automatically turns on the light in the rooms. Patiently waiting for the beloved owner to finish drinking a glass of coveted water, it accompanies him with the newly turned on light bulbs, and upon finishing, it instantly turns them off to save electricity.
We can also provide another example to explain smart home technology. Imagine you cannot sleep, want to gamble a little, but your smartphone is not in your room. It is charging elsewhere, but once again you do not want to turn on the lights by yourself. Like in the abovementioned case, they will be turned on automatically. In terms of online gambling Philippines has fewer restrictions compared to other Asian countries and when it comes to online casinos, smart home technology can be even more interesting for owners.
Imagine you went to the cinema, but the excitement overtook you immediately: “Did I turn off the stove?”. This will not happen with the Smart Home, because one request via the Internet – and the system will show that the house is on, off, and much more.
The Smart Home system is very common in the Philippines and it happened for a reason. After all, if there is a demand, then someone needs it. In this case, the strength and nerves of homeowners are saved, and it becomes possible to do more significant things.
You can also, make a special request for Smart Home and automatically turn on, for example, a washing machine.
Advantages and disadvantages
We should first talk about the advantages of smart home technology:
- The ability to check the condition of the living space using a smartphone or other device via the Internet;
- Force majeure sensors instantly report a problem (and in serious cases, such as a fire or gas leak, they can automatically call the appropriate service);
- Significant simplification of life at the household level;
- Tracking devices and their actions and much more.
However, there are certain disadvantages to the Smart Home system:
- Installation (not all equipment is compatible with each other, therefore, when assembling the system, you will have to sweat a little);
- Repairs can cost a lot of money;
- Anything can break, but it’s especially disappointing when one thing fails in the Smart Home, and as a result, the entire system chain becomes completely inoperable;
- The expediency of the purchase plays an important role because the system pays off perfectly with time for country houses, but for small apartments with central heating, it is more of an expensive toy than a useful thing.
There is another important point worth mentioning separately. Do you remember how much the first mobile phones cost? And now parents buy such phones almost for children in the first grade. The same rule applies to the Smart Home. If now such systems look unrealistic, then after a while they can become commonplace even for an ordinary citizen.
The Smart Home system is undoubtedly a good and necessary thing in some situations. But if the cost or need for the system is in doubt, it may be worth postponing the purchase of a Smart Home. Indeed, in a couple of years, such systems will cost much less, and work better.