The Better Job Ontario Program was formerly known as the Second Career Program. Ontario program, or the Better Jobs Ontario program, is a unique initiative launched by the Government of Ontario to support job creation and economic growth in the province and assist unemployed individuals in retaining their jobs by learning new and industry-specific skills. The program helps train and upskill workers in Ontario to take advantage of new job opportunities. Additionally, this program provides funding for training and retraining programs and apprenticeship and Co-op programs to ensure workers have the qualification required to succeed in the new job.
Keep reading this article to get a detailed overview and benefits of Better Job Ontario.
This program intends to help individuals retain and reskill quicking cost-effectively to re-enter the workforce. The funds are granted based on the personal profile, gross household income, and estimated associated costs of the training. Interestingly, the recipient of this program can receive up to CAD 28,000, which can be used for expenses such as tuition fees, school supplies, child care, transportation, electronic devices, books, manuals, and other educational costs, along with the essential living cost of up to CAD 500 per week. The recipients are not liable to pay these funds back to the government.
Types of programs offered under the Better Job Ontario initiative
The features of a training program under the Better Job Ontario Program include the following:
- The programs are vocational
- Program duration is not longer than 52 weeks
- Leads to a diploma or certification upon completion
- Encompasses the knowledge and skills required for employment in a particular field
- The programs are designed to target an occupation for which applicants can experience demand and better employment prospects in Ontario
Here are some of the most popular programs offered under the Better Jobs Ontario Program:
- Diploma in Digital Marketing Specialist
- Diploma in Cybersecurity Specialist
- Diploma in Data Analytics
Process to apply for a Better Job Ontario Program
The first step to applying for the Better Job Ontario Program is requesting an appointment with the Employment Ontario counselor to help find an Employment Ontario agency within the community. The Employment Advisor of the agency allows interested individuals to discuss their career goals to determine if they are eligible for funding.
Benefits of the Better jobs Ontario Program
Here are some of the most prominent benefits of the Better Jobs Ontario Program:
- An opportunity to learn in-demand skills and qualification
- Financial assistance for training and educational programs
- Numerous chances to connect with industry professionals
- Hands-on training and experience of working in real work setting through the Co-op semester
- Cutting-edge training for a job in the in-demand sector
- Enhances employability and job prospects
These are some of the significant benefits of the Better Jobs Ontario program for individuals looking to restart their careers after a break.
For further queries regarding the Better Jobs Ontario program, log on to our website now!