If you thought that escape room games were only about escaping rooms by solving puzzles or clues, then you might need to change your perception of the game. Escape room games are considered to be one of the most popular games for team-building exercises.
The Excitement and Thrill of Escape Games
The basis of escape room games is to get out of locked rooms by searching for clues and decoding messages within a specified time limit. These games are fun when played in large groups. If you love solving mysteries, puzzles, or hidden object games, then these games will not disappoint you.
If you live in Columbus, Ohio, search for escape rooms near me, to get Captivating Worlds headquartered in New Albany, OH to have a real-life escape room experience with special effects, dramatic lighting, sounds, and thrilling storylines. They have all types of genres which you can choose from and play for 72 minutes. You need to make reservations well in advance.
Whether you are playing with your loved ones or for a corporate, you might need to choose the correct theme taking into consideration the different interests of the people involved. This keeps everyone on the team motivated to complete the game.
If this is your first-time playing escape room games, then the below tips might come in handy to make the game more fun for you and your teammates:
- Work as a team. If in doubt, never hesitate to ask for help from your teammates
- Do not search only one part of the room
- Clues can be scattered around areas where you least expect them
- If you are not able to decode the clues, you can always ask for hints
- Keep an open mind and a positive attitude
The main objective of playing escape room games is to have fun. It does not matter whether you win or lose. You as a team were able to work together and strengthen your rapport. It also helped you to understand your strengths and use them to the best of your capabilities.
Escape Room Games Are Good for Mind and Body
You might have heard of the saying “All work and no play make Jack a dull boy”. Your hectic work schedules and personal work always keep you busy. You have no time to relax and enjoy yourself with your loved ones. This can affect your health and increase your stress levels.
Escape room games can:
- Open up a whole new world full of unknown facts and knowledge
- You can fine-tune your motor skills
- It forces your mind to think outside the box while searching for clues
- It heightens your senses as you learn to stay alert and focus on all aspects of the game
- It helps in utilizing your physical strengths wherein you need to climb steps, move objects or simply walk around mazes
- It improves your dopamine levels making you feel elated and happy
- It helps improve your cognitive thinking process
- It can also improve your communication and social skills
Escape room games make challenges a fun activity. It is a great way to keep your body and mind active.