Bachelor of Computer Science is one the best courses related to Information Technology and computer science. Students study BCA courses due to their high employability at the graduate level and the scope of the course.
India is home to more than 2900 colleges for BCA courses. Top BCA colleges in India provide good placement opportunities that may reach INR 32 LPA. The average placement ranges between INR 4 LPA to 10 LPA.
Colleges like Manipal Online which is a subsidiary of Manipal University and LPU Online which is also a part of Lovely Professional University provide an Online BCA course. The placement of Online BCA is almost the same as the average placement provided by full-time BCA Colleges.
What to keep in mind while selecting a BCA College?
There are more than a few factors that need to be weighed while selecting a college. Mentioned below are some points that students should keep in mind while selecting a BCA college:
- Affiliation: This is one of the most important factors to be considered. Take admission only if it is affiliated with a reputed University. If the college is not affiliated, then the candidate should avoid selecting that college. A degree holds value in the job market only if the relevant college is affiliated with a university recognized by UGC and Government. An approval means the courses of a particular institute are approved by any autonomous body such as AICTE or UGC.
- Fees: Fees are another important factor to be kept in mind while selecting a BCA college. Compare the course fees of all the institutes students are interested in and choose the ones that students can afford. The sticker price in most schools is not usually what a student will pay, especially in private colleges. Students can ask about financial aid and scholarship opportunities at the colleges or universities students are interested in. There are also many local scholarships and renewable scholarships available. The average fees of some of the top BCA colleges in India are INR 2 – INR 6 LPA.
- Syllabus and Curriculum: While finalizing a college, students need to compare its BCA course curriculum against that of other colleges so as to ensure that they choose a college that follows a curriculum that is at par with international standards. This course is usually divided into six semesters over three years, during which the students are imparted extensive knowledge of Information and Technology.
- Specializations Offered: Candidates should also consider the specializations offered by the colleges and select the college that offers the best combination of specializations according to the student. Top BCA specializations are Programming Languages, Database Management, Systems Analysis, Word Processing, Internet Technologies etc. Doing BCA with some specialization is beneficial as compared to BCA general course.
- Infrastructure: BCA colleges must have good infrastructure as well as good facilities like digital classrooms, projector, digital notice board, lift, hostel facility, security guard etc. The infrastructure of the BCA college should be modern and well-equipped with the latest technology. The most important part of the BCA program would be the labs that need to have the required number of computer systems along with the latest software. The college offering BCA course must have a fully-operational computer lab. The equipment and technology in the lab should be according to the latest trends and upgrades. The building, the classrooms, the computer labs, the library, canteen, recreational hub, hostel, etc. should be on par. The college should teach students new technologies and programming languages.
- Placements: Students must check the institute’s placement cell, its record of placement over the years and the companies. The selected BCA college must have corporate contacts which help them to attract companies for placement. Good BCA College will train the students in a proficient manner and guarantee a better future for students. Top BCA colleges provide placements in the range of 4 – 12 LPA. Many colleges offer internships and placement opportunities to their students, thereby helping them set up a career immediately after graduation. The average salary of a BCA fresher in India is INR 1,00,000 -INR 3,50,000.
- Faculty: A good and capable faculty can certainly mold the careers of students. A teacher is the one who is a major influence in shaping the future of a student. Students must check whether the faculty is flexible and are ready to solve students’ queries before or after the class. Teachers also help with better study material with the students. As BCA is a technical course, it is important for students not to have any misconceptions about any topic. The teachers must have Ph.D. or MPhil since professors with research history help students better as compared to teachers with MCA.
Top BCA Colleges with the best ROI
|India Today Rankings 2021 BCA College||College Name||Fees||Placements 2021|
|1||Department of Computer Science Christ (Deemed to be University)||1,19,000||9.5 -32 LPA|
|2||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research||1,75,000||4 -18 LPA|
|3||Loyola College (Autonomous)||1,44,000||2-4 LPA|
|4||Kristu Jayanti College||85,000||2.8 – 5 LPA|
|5||St. Josephs College (Autonomous) Bengaluru||95,000||3 – 6 LPA|
|6||Amity Institute of Information Technology||1,89,000||2 – 3.6 LPA|
|7||Womens Christian College||78,084||Internships|
|9||Madras Christian College||1,01,757||1.9 – 3.5 LPA|
|10||Maharaja Surajmal Institute||86,400||4 – 13 LPA|
|11||AIM & ACT Department of Computer Science Banasthali Vidyapith||1,09,000||2.5 – 5 LPA|
BCA is a highly rewarding course providing good opportunities after 3 years of education. Students have the opportunity to do an MCA course which will provide even better opportunities. BCA course is comparable to BTech course in terms of Information Technology and computer applications.