Every surgical procedure requires safe and effective surgical instruments. The same is true when it comes to performing oral procedures. Because without having high-quality dental tools in place, it’s nearly impossible for the practitioners to alleviate the sufferings of the patients. Therefore, in dentistry, dental elevators are of great importance because they are innovative and quality equipment that makes the dental procedure easy and effective.
Let’s discuss what are the uses and types of elevators in oral procedures.
Benefits and features of elevators in dentistry:
A dentist will definitely know the value of elevators while doing extraction or luxation of teeth. Some of the noteworthy benefits and uses of elevator dental tools are:
- It helps to remove the damaged teeth during the dental extraction process. It also helps to remove the tooth’s root tips.
- With the help of an elevator, the dentist can apply a very less directional force which prevents the fracture or impairment of tooth and jaw.
- Before doing the teeth extraction with the help of forceps, elevators help to remove the teeth that are overlapped on each other or the teeth that are dead or impacted.
- No matter which root is needed to be removed, elevators can easily remove whether the roots are at mid-length of mouth or gingival line.
- In tooth separation procedures, elevators are used to split the teeth.
The distinguishing features of the best dental elevators are:
- These are made with prime quality and stainless steel material which ensures the long-lasting performance of equipment.
- Elevators come in different ergonomic designs which allows the dentists to work in a stress-free environment without any discomfort of hands and fingers.
- Most of the elevators are light in weight and are durable which makes the operations more effective and successful.
- It has tapered and sharp tips which help in the cutting of ligaments and expansion of bone sockets.
- Elevators with titanium coating make it resistant against corrosions and scratches.
- During extraction of a tooth, it helps to break the tissues surrounding the tooth which need to be extracted.
Dentists should follow the safety tips while using the elevators because the wrong usage can cause damage to adjacent teeth. Some safety tips are:
- If you feel slipping of hands or fingers then use the finger guards which prevent the slipping of equipment.
- Make sure that you are applying enough directional force while doing the extraction of teeth.
- The blade of the elevator should be used as per the need of the procedure. Elevator blades can have flat or concave surfaces.
Types of dental elevators:
Almost every elevator has three components namely; shank, blade/working end, and handles. There is only one working end present in elevators which makes it functional and retracting equipment. The area between the handle and the blade is known as the shank. The handle of the elevator is designed as an operator that provides a firm grip to the users.
If we classify according to forms then these have three forms namely; straight (has an apex in straight form), crossbar (has handle at the right side for more directional force), an angular elevator (has left and right types).
Now let’s have a look at the classification of elevators that help dental producers.
Crane Pick Elevator:
When the tooth roots are broken and need to be removed and extracted from the socket then this equipment is used. It is designed at an angle of 45 degrees which allows the penetration in the depth of roots without damaging the nearby teeth.
During surgical processes, this equipment helps in teeth removal and luxation. It has only one working end with a robust shank and perfect hand grip. Moreover, these are sterilizable and reusable.
With a T-shaped end, it has a long shank which is beneficial to use in tooth extraction processes. While cutting the periodontal ligaments, it can be effective to use this equipment.
If a dentist is working on the jaws whether upper or lower or the right or left sides of teeth then this equipment is suitable to use. It is available in numerous forms and sizes so the dentist can choose any as per their preferences or the requirement of the procedures. This equipment can be sterilized and autoclaved as well but one should make sure that it is thoroughly reprocessed so there is no risk of getting infections or other diseases.
If you are looking for dental elevators, anglevators, dental periosteal elevators, or any other dental surgical instrument then GerDentUSA Inc. is the place where you can buy quality equipment for your dental tool kit. There is a variety of oral surgical instruments available at competitive prices without any compromise on quality. Visit our website for further information.