For smooth functioning, users need their devices to be updated from time to time. It’s crucial to update the firmware of the router too as it will remove bugs and enhance new features that will help get better performance. Sometimes, users come across issues while using the old version of the firmware and don’t know what to do. Don’t panic, here we have come with simple instructions to update your Netgear router firmware to its latest version using different ways.
Before proceeding further, ensure that, you have the Netgear Nighthawk app installed on your device. Else, download the application from iOS for Apple users and Android users can get the App from the Play store.
For updating Netgear Firmware using the Nighthawk app:
- First, you need to establish the connection between your devices.
- Launch the Nighthawk app on your device.
- If asked, enter your login credentials.
- Tap on the ‘Sign in’ button.
- Tap the image of the router.
- Go to the bottom of the Router Settings page and tap ‘Check for Updates’.
- If a new update is available of the firmware, tap the ‘Update’ button.
- Once the ‘Update’ button selected, the updating process will begin and it can take a couple of minutes for completion of the update process.
Important Note: While updating, don’t try to go online, switch off the device or router until it’s finished restarting.
If you don’t have access to the application store on your device or are facing difficulties in accessing the application, then you can update the firmware of your router from your web browser using routerlogin.net. Just go through the steps given below carefully to update the firmware without any hassle.
To check for new firmware and update your router via web browser:
- Ensure that the firm connection has been established between your router and modem.
(For a stable connection, connect your device and router using Ethernet cable while updating the firmware).
- Open your preferred internet browser on your device.
- In the address bar, enter ‘routerlogin.net’ and press the Enter button.
- A login page will appear, where you need to fill in your login credentials.
- Select Ok and the www.routerlogin.net setup wizard will appear.
- Then, move the cursor to the Maintenance and click the ‘Router Upgrade’ option.
- Click the Check button to check the new update if it’s available.
- If a new update is available, click the ‘Update’ button.
- After clicking the Update button, the process will start and you just need to follow the onscreen instructions to update your firmware.
Important Note: While updating, do not close the browser and don’t turn off your device until the firmware update is completed.
Once updated, the router will restart automatically. This whole process can take several minutes. So, don’t interrupt the process within
If sometimes users face issues while updating their firmware using URL, then they can also update their firmware through an IP address. To update via IP, just go through the below-given steps which will guide you in updating the firmware with ease.
- Launch your web browser.
- In the address bar, enter Netgear router IP address and press the Enter button.
- A login admin panel will appear, where you need to fill in your login credentials.
- Click Ok and a dashboard will appear.
- Then, browse cursor to the Maintenance and select the ‘Router Upgrade’ option.
- Right click on the Check button to check if the new update is available.
- If available, click the Update button.
- Once clicked , the update process will start and you just need to follow the onscreen instructions to update your firmware.
- Once updated, your router will restart automatically.
After executing the above-given steps, you can update your Router’s Firmware and enjoy internet services without any issue.