Are you struggling while completing your task online? As your internet connections keep on dropping. Then, you arrived at the right place. In this post, we will shed light on the basic troubleshooting methods through which you can easily resolve your R7000 Netgear router dropping internet issue without any difficulty. Just have a look at the below information, you might find this useful.
Resolved: Netgear Router Internet Dropping Issue
Rebooting your Netgear Router
This is the first thing you can try when struggling with dropping internet connection issue with your Netgear router. Shutting down and restarting your Netgear router can fix minor glitches on your Network.
Though, we recommend you reboot your R7000 Netgear router. It’s a simple process. First, you need to disconnect all your WiFi-enabled devices, turn your router off, and disconnect it from the power source. Then, wait for some time and re-connect your Netgear router to the power outlet. Turn it on again and connect it to your WiFi-enabled device. Now, check if the issue continues to arise or is fixed.
Check Internet Connection
Don’t forget to check your Ethernet cable as its needs to be damaged free from any wear or tear and required to be tightly connected. If it’s worn out, then swap it with a new one to avoid any kind of issues. If you are using a Wireless network, then make sure that your WiFi-enabled devices are within range and getting adequate network. Else, you’ll get stuck with no internet network issue.
Important Note: It is recommended to use a wired connection while performing the Netgear WiFi router setup process to avoid loss of connection issues.
Check Power Source
Make sure that the power socket through which your Netgear router is connected is not broken or short-circuited. If broken, switch it to another power outlet. Also, check the AC cable as its needs to be damaged free. Else, You’ll face issues while accessing the Internet network
Update Netgear Router Firmware
Using an old version of Your Netgear router firmware might be the reason behind the internet dropping issue. Therefore, we suggest you update your Netgear router firmware promptly. However, many people find it difficult or get stuck with an issue while updating the Netgear router. If you don’t have any knowledge on how to update your R7000 Netgear router then, simply walk through the below-mentioned steps.
- Connect your Netgear router to the power socket and switch it on.
- Turn on your computer device and access an updated internet browser.
- Enter the default web address in the address field and hit the Enter button.
Important Note: If you don’t know the default web address, use the default IP to access the Netgear Nighthawk router setup wizard.
- On the Netgear router login page, enter the default username and password in their respective field and click on the Log In button.
- Once successfully logged in, you’ll be viewing a Netgear genie setup wizard.
- On Netgear router genie setup wizard, head to the Advanced tab.
- Under the Advanced tab, select Administration and click on the Firmware update option.
- Next, you are required to click the Check button to look for the new updates of your Netgear router firmware.
- If the new update is available, click on it to initiate the update process.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Netgear router firmware update.
Once Finished with the Netgear router firmware update, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Reset and Re-configure your Netgear Router
After walking through these above-mentioned troubleshooting methods, hope your issue is resolved. If not, still experiencing dropping internet issue with your R7000 Netgear router then, we suggest you reset the Netgear router to the default factory settings and re-configure the Netgear Nighthawk router setup again using the default web or IP address. This might resolve your issue.
For resetting your R7000 Netgear Router:
- Look for the reset button on your Netgear router.
- Once found, press and hold the reset button using a pin-pointed object till the LEDs starts blinking.
- Then, your Netgear router will restart automatically and is restored to the default factory settings.
- Now, you need to reconfigure it again to access its services.
In this way, you can easily fix the R7000 Netgear router dropping Internet issue without any error. If you are facing the dropping internet issue with your Netgear extender while configuring Netgear wireless extender setup then, we recommend you use the same above-mentioned techniques to rectify your issue.