Current instability in the market as well as increasing inflation has put lots of pressure on economy. Infact the world economy is currently undergoing recession. This has prompted industries to rethink their strategies; to rework on their expenses so as to enhance or maintain their profitability or at times even to stay afloat. This is putting immense pressure on employees to deliver. In pursuance of this only, the employees are working to develop their skill-sets. PGDM is one such course that focuses on industry needs while assisting aspirants in developing necessary skills to cater to current market requirements.
What is PGDM?
The PGDM is an acronym for Post Graduate Diploma in Management. PGDM is a professional course in management that has been approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AICTE is under the Ministry of Human Resource Development and is a Central Government body and council for controlling and approving Technical and Management education. This course can only be pursued after graduation and involves deeper level study of management. It offers competencies to students to enable them to manage challenges posed by the ever evolving market economic dynamics across the globe. It provides its students multiple transferable skills as well as an understanding of business functions like Business Analytics, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Organizational Behavior and HR etc. besides equipping them with perspective vis-e-vis diverse industries, management, global best practices, strategic & critical thinking & proficiencies in leadership roles.
How is it different from MBA?
While PGDM course is conducted by private and autonomous B-schools under AICTE, MBA programs are offered by Universities under University Grants Commission (UGC). Both MBA and Post Graduate Diploma in Management are of the same value, since AICTE and UGC are uniformly recognized.
Who can enroll in PGDM Course?
- PGDM is offered to only those students who have cleared their graduation in any course from a recognised university with minimum of 50% marks.
- The eligible student based on the above criteria will need to clear the entrance exams. Students clearing the entrance exams with a pre-decided percentage will undergo group discussion and interview round so as to be finally eligible for admission to PGDM course.
Furthermore, working professionals can also study PGDM course so as to enhance their skills to manage leadership roles and handle businesses
To know more about Post Graduate Diploma in Management, you must enroll into a PGDM college that offers the following:
- The curriculum must be industry-oriented program that ensures experiential learning, exposing students to diverse perspectives.
- AICTE must have recognised the college.
- The college must offer two year industry oriented program along with electives like “Entrepreneurship, Start-up and Family Business”, “Digital Business & E-commerce”, “Business Analytics & Data Science” & “Marketing & Communication”.
- The curriculum must ensure regular interaction with CEOs so that they can impart their wisdom on running organizations, transforming business models and managing people
- The college must offer its students global perspective via regular interaction with faculty from partner global universities.
- The college must support the budding entrepreneurs through their startup program
- The college must provide students with ability to think critically & analytically along with an understanding of organizational behaviour and structure
Register now and recession proof your career with PGDM courses.